Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page will serve as a location for common terms in the Dead Sea Scroll Scholarship. Many of the terms will link to their own articles.
- Archaeology - The study of ancient cultures using historical remnants found at historic locations around the world.
- American Society of Oriental Research - Often abbreviated as ASOR is one of the leading scholarly groups that studies the [[Dead Sea Scrolls]
- Cairo Genizah - Scroll collection found in Medieval Cairo Egypt.
- Christians - Monotheistic religion that began with the ministry of Jesus Christ, considered an offshoot of Judaism
- Community Rule, The - see also 1QS
- Essenes - see also the Men of Zadok
- Jerusalem - The capital of the Jewish faith.
- Josephus - Famous 1st Century CE scholar who cataloged much of the historic data about Jewish History for Romans.
- Judaism - Monotheistic religion of Ancient Near East
- Pesher - A commentary on a biblical work.
- Pesher Habakkuk, The
- Pharisee - Sect of Judaism that focused on legalism as the only worship
- Qumran - The people responsible for the creation of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Rabbi - A Jewish Teacher
- Sadducee - Sect of Judaism that focused on Temple Sacrifice as the only approve worship.
- Shema - A ritual prayer for Jewish people